- Premium Lay-Fomm 40 firmy Orbi-Tech - wydruki po umieszczeniu w wodzie stają się miękkie i elastyczne.
Lay-Fomm występuje w dwóch twardościach 60 (twardszy) oraz 40 (miękki) - numer oznacza tu twardość w skali Shore’a (typu A)
Lay-Fomm is micro-porous and elastic. The size of the pores is in the micrometer range.
With Lay-Fomm rubbery and soft objects can be printed.
The material consists of two parts: an elastomer that is responsible for the rubber-like feel and material property, and a water-soluble ingredient. After printing, the object is placed in water whereby after one and four days, leaving behind the elastomer, and thus the soft porous object.
Lay-Fomm 60 has a Shore hardness of ~ A 60. Lay-Fomm 40 has a Shore hardness of A ~ 40th
Rinse in water:
- print thin walls and heep filling rate as low as possible to shorten the time for rinsing
- gently rinse with water, hot water and patience provides good results
- you can clearly notice the effect and that the material is getting softer after one day
- after three days every PVA should be gone
- stir and change the water often
- you can reduce the rinsing time by using an ultrasonic cleaner
- remaining water can be removed from the object quickly by using a clothes dryer
- repeatedly rinsing: fresh water ? Wait ? Dryer ? fresh water ? Wait ? Dryer
- PVA residues feel greasy, like sugar syrup
- remove all PVA residues
Poro-Lay are experimental filaments for experimental and experienced user. Help for processing and a great ideas for new 3D objects can be found in the prestigious forums.
The components of Poro-Lay are harmless and food safe. The water-soluble component is even biocompatible. However, we strongly advise not to eat the material.
Poro-Lay is best stored dry. If the material absorbed moisture after some time, the filament can be dryed in an oven at about 80 ° C for four to five hours. We recommend to dry the filament before the very first print.
|Nominal diameter||2.85 mm|
|Hardness:||~ Shore A 60|
|Printing temperature||220 - 230 °C|
|Heated bed||not necessary, likely 50 °C|
|Weight||approx. 250 g|
The filament comes in a reseable zip bag.